Monday, January 23, 2012

Top Five

I am sharing with you a little copying that I have decided to do starting today.  I was recently reading Mel's blog and came across a post where she refers to her friend Erin's Top Six.  I was immediately intrigued.

Since I am working on taking baby steps (hi Rach!) regarding purging and getting myself together, I thought this would be a great way to break down the master To Do list that we all burden ourselves with daily.  It does not take long to sit down with your planner (or notebook, sheet of paper, napkin, smartphone...) and make out a list of a few things to get accomplished each day.

So tonight I sat down with my planner and came up with a Top Five (I need to start simple and 5 just seemed more doable than 6...not sure why).  The pic is a little fuzzy, but you get the gist.  I would like to do this each evening to prepare for the next day.
Baby Steps :)

9 comments:

Kelli W said...

I am usually way more productive when I have a to do list! I love that you only included your top five...that is way less overwhelming than a list that is a mile long! I may need to start doing this each evening. Dishes and laundry would probably be on my list everyday though:)

Unknown said...

Love the planner!

My top 5 for today?
1. Blog
2. Blog
3. Blog
4. Do Whites
5. Blog

LOL! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Baby steps!! Love it - you have the cutest handwriting too!! Love the planner!!

~Becca

Rach said...

Baby steps indeed! This is wonderful! :o) What a great idea to get those top five things in there and just do it. Then, you feel as if you have accomplished something--oh, and wait, you HAVE! :o) Brilliant of you!

Angie said...

I love utilizing my EC planner. I feel so cool when I write down all my 'todo's'

I really should pick 5/6 things. I think I tend to get overwhelmed at times. Baby steps.

carissa said...

there's that pretty hand writing of yours again. : )

good idea! small steps to making life a bit more organized - i like it!

He & Me + 3 said...

Girl I think this is a great idea. I make a list every morning of the things I would like to get accomplished in importance order. It works for me. I hope you get your list done. :)

amy said...

This is a great idea. I wrote out my lo-ong to do list Sunday afternoon and after reading this realized I didn't do one thing off of it today. This is a great solution; I need to make my list shorter!! I'll let you know how it works. :))
I too love your handwriting-

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I hate to-do lists, but boy do I need them!