My blog friend Kelli tagged me and I'm supposed to share two topics:
My top 5 baby/children tips that work for me are:
1. Routine is key. My kids function so much better when they have an idea of what is coming next. It also helps to make sure that I'm getting everything done for them that needs to be done.
2. Getting down on their level. When I bend down and look my children in the eye to explain something to them or to listen to a story one of them is telling me, it has a bigger impact. Also, when I try and think on their level, to understand their behavior, I can adjust my actions to work through the situation.
3. Read, read, read to them.
4. I try and remember that I don't have to do what other mothers are doing, I need to use God's guidance and raise my children according to their needs.
5. They're only young once...stop and enjoy them.
My top 5 kid products that I couldn't live without are:
1. Wipes. By far wipes are my favorite baby/toddler/big girl product. I carry them wherever I go and I use them for diaper changes, spills, cleaning dirty noses, etc.
2. Our wagon. We use our wagon for so many things and it comes in handy when the kids get tired and no longer want to walk if we're out for long periods of time.
3. Exersaucer/bouncy seat. These two had the same purpose when my kids were younger. It kept them entertained and I was able to do things around the house.
4. Portable DVD player. I know this may go against many views but it comes in handy for us on road trips and for times when we are going to a place where the kids have to be entertained for a bit.
5. Snacks. I know this sounds funny, but snacks have saved us from serious meltdowns. They help when you're stuck at the doctor's office longer than expected, or on long car rides, or when you're sitting on the sidelines of your other child's soccer game.
Santa Cruz -- the end of the Galapagos
11 hours ago