Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Can I call you Juanita?


One of the main reasons that I created this blog was so that people who do not get to see the kids on a regular basis can stay updated on their lives. One person that first came to my mind was my grandmother, Granita. When I was little I asked her what her name was. She told me "Juanita." I asked her "can I call you Juanita?" She said "no." So I said, "I'll call you Granita, for Grandma and Juanita." I was so creative if I do say so myself. Well, this past Saturday the Lord came to get Granita to be with Him. So, I really hope that Heaven is wired so that she can read my posts from her chair!


I will miss you Granita! You will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart.

2 comments:

Renee Richard said...

Well Kelli, you know you set a trend. Evan and Toshianna now call their grandmother "Granita". We will miss you dearly. I know she is in heaven smiling at someone. Renee

Rach said...

Oh, Kelli, what a sweet post to your grandma. You were precocious indeed to come up with such an awesome name for an amazing lady. :o)