Thursday, July 23, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake

I thought I'd share the strawberry shortcake recipe that I made for my friends last night. I can't claim it...I got it off the box of Bisquick. This is how my mom has always made it and it is yummy.

Also, since Joanna is showing a dessert for her "What's for Dinner Thursday" I thought I would too.

Strawberry Shortcake
4 cups of strawberries, rinsed and sliced
1/2 cup of sugar
2 1/3 cups of Bisquick
1/2 cup of milk
3 tbs of butter, melted
3 tbs of sugar
Combine strawberries and sugar and set in fridge so they can get juicy!
Mix together Bisquick, milk, butter and sugar.
Spoon mixture onto non greased pan. Makes about 6 shortcakes.
Cook at 425 for 10-12 minutes.
Spoon strawberries over shortcake and enjoy!



5 comments:

Kelli W said...

YUMMY! We love strawberries...and shortcake too!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That sounds so good, and summery-I have all the ingredients...I may have to make this-

Holli said...

i make this same recipe except i put it in a round pan. recently, i made it for some friends who can't have milk. i substituted applesauce for the butter and almond milk for the milk, and it was THE BEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE EVER!!!!

Joanna said...

I am so glad that you shared this! I do not have a strawberry shortcake recipe and it looks so good and sounds so easy to make!!

Heidi Boos said...

My husband's favorite dessert EVER!! Don't forget the dollop of Cool Whip on top! ;)